The English Language Department of the School of International Relations of MGIMO University is pleased to invite you to participate in the 4th International Conference «The Magic of Innovation: Integrative Trends in Linguistics and Foreign Language Teaching», to be held in Moscow on 22-23 March 2019.
The discussions will cover topical issues related to:
- integrative approaches in linguistics and their implementation in teaching foreign languages;
- interdisciplinary studies of text and discourse;
- current issues in theory and practice of teaching foreign languages at universities (undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate levels of various programmes);
- modern view of cross-cultural communication and its role in training specialists whose jobs require foreign language skills;
- translation/interpretation: new trends in theory, practice and teaching.
- presentations (up to 15 min including discussion);
- poster session (45 min);
- workshops, interactive seminars and round tables (50 min).
The working languages of the conference are Russian and English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided upon request).
The Conference programme will include the following sessions:
Session 1: Text and Discourse Theories: Exploring ‘New Territories’;
Session 2: Political Discourse Analysis: Multidisciplinarity and Diversity;
Session 3: Cognition and Communication: A New Paradigm for Studying Linguistic Units;
Session 4: Cross-cultural Communication: Language and Methodology
Session 5: Foreign Language Teaching at University: Old Problems and New Challenges;
Session 6: Modern Approaches in Teaching Foreign Languages for Specific and Academic Purposes;
Session 7: Information Technologies: New Horizons and Opportunities in Foreign Language Teaching;
Session 8a: Translation Theory and Practice;
Session 8b: Methodology of Teaching Translation: Current Issues and Ways Forward.
Conference speakers are invited to submit abstracts of their presentations (200–250 words) either in Russian or English by December 1 2018 through the conference site. Notification of acceptance will be forwarded by January 14, 2019 (please also check «Important dates»). The Conference Team may decline proposals that do not meet the substantive and formal criteria.
If you are interested in holding a workshop/master class, a round table or an interactive seminar related to the theme of the conference, please forward your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23 2019.
Confirmed participants who wish to publish their papers in the Proceedings of the Conference will email their articles of up to seven pages (300 words per page) including references to email@example.com from January 14 to March 1, 2019. The Proceedings will be published after the conference. The publication fee will be announced in due course. The proceedings will be registered in the Russian Science Citation Index.
Only attendees’ papers will be accepted for publication provided they are related to the theme of the conference and conform to the publication guidelines.
Participants from non-CIS universities are eligible for a printed Certificate of Attendance.
The conference fee for participants from non-CIS universities is 50 euros and covers a participant package, coffee breaks, the reception, and interpretation services. The conference fee does not include publication fees. Bank account details will be forwarded once your proposal has been approved. In case of cancellation please inform the Conference team before February 14, 2019 to obtain a conference fee refund. The conference fee will not be refunded after February 14, 2019.
Further information including updates on the program, participants’ accommodation etc. will be available in due course at www.inno-conf.mgimo.ru.
Please note that participants’ accommodation, travel and other conference-related expenses will be borne by participants.
International participants who require a visa to enter the Russian Federation are kindly reminded that they are to apply for a visa 45 days prior to the day of entry into the country. If you need an invitation as part of the visa application process, please submit a request via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of invitation can only be issued to confirmed registrants. When submitting your request, please provide the following information:
- full name;
- nationality / citizenship;
- date of birth;
- place of birth (city, country);
- passport No, valid from ..... to … (it is important that your passport be valid at least six months after the period of your stay);
- home address;
- phone, e-mail;
- place of employment;
- job title;
- contact details for the place of employment (address and phone number);
- what visa application center / consulate you will go to (city, country);
- tentative travel dates;
- good quality scans of your passport pages containing the above-mentioned information (where applicable).
Please be advised that we will be unable to issue a letter of invitation if your request does not contain ALL the necessary information. Obtaining a Letter of Invitation will not guarantee that your visa application will be approved.
For further questions, please contact email@example.com.