We would like to remind you that the 5th International Conference The Magic of Innovation: Language and Language Teaching in a Changing Environment will be held online. We hope that it will be as successful as our previous conferences.
The plenary sessions will be broadcast on the MGIMO youtube channel. To watch the broadcast, use the links that will be added to the conference programme in due course. Guidelines on how to forward questions to keynote speakers will be provided in due course.
Parallel sessions and workshops / master classes will be held on the Zoom platform. To join a virtual session or a workshop, follow the link in the program. Passwords will be forwarded to registered conference participants by mail. Unregistered attendees can connect to the broadcast of the session on the MGIMO youtube channel.
Please read the tips on how to use Zoom and the guide on its simultaneous interpretation function.
Please read the following tips before the conference:
- Make sure your device meets the requirements for using Zoom.
- You should be signed in with your first and last name. Please edit your profile information if the account name is different.
- Make sure you have access to high speed internet. Attendees with an unstable internet connection will not be able to participate in the meeting.
- Make sure your camera is turned on, plugged in and selected in Zoom. Attendees without cameras will not be able to participate.
- Make sure your camera is steady and positioned at eye-level. Doing so helps create a more direct sense of engagement with other participants.
- We recommend using an external microphone or headset, which will reduce noise and audio feedback.
- You will receive an email with a password to access a virtual session or a workshop prior to the Conference. The password will not be posted on the Conference website.
- A virtual meeting room will be available for the attendees to join 10 minutes before the scheduled start of a meeting.
- Once you click on the link for your Session/Workshop, you will be sent to a virtual waiting room. As the host admits attendees one by one, the process may take a few minutes. If the wait time is too long, please contact the co-host using whatsapp (see below).
- Mute your microphone any time you are not actively speaking.
- Make sure there is no background noise while your microphone is on. Avoid noisy activities. Turn off all sound notifications and close your windows.
- In the event of disconnection, rejoin the meeting using the same link and password.
- Please be advised that if you get disconnected or the internet connection is unstable your intervention might be rescheduled to a later time.
- If you wish to ask a question, use the chat function. The host will either reply in writing or read out your question to the speaker.
- Please prepare materials for your intervention in advance.
- If you wish to use the Screenshare function during thel session or a workshop, prepare all the necessary links and files in advance to save time.
- We would like to remind you that there is a time limit of 10 minutes for each intervention. Make sure you keep track of the host’s notifications.
- During the conference, try to avoid bandwidth-intensive activities that can slow down your connection or device: close all the apps you do not need, stop large downloads and uploads, etc. It is a good idea to restart your device before the conference.
- Contact technical assistants via WhatsApp in the event of any problem during a virtual session or a workshop. You will receive an email with the contact information prior to the meeting.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Conference!